The Wait

When Tim and I got married, we knew we wanted to move to Canada to raise our kids. His family lives there and they were willing to help us move and get settled. Since Tim was already a permanent resident, he had to sponsor me. So our application for my permanent residence began around July 2012. A month after we got married, he moved back to Canada. We started to fill up forms, collect photos for evidence, gathered up documents that we needed and sent it off to the visa office. Here is our quick timeline:

  • August 30, 2012 - Visa office received our application
  • October 10, 2012 - Sponsorship Approved
  • November 6, 2012 - Request for a police certificate from both HK & PH
  • January 8, 2013 - Request for our newborn son's documents
  • April 3, 2013 - Request for medical exam for our son
  • April 3, 2013 - Passport Request
  • June 12, 2013 - Decision Made
  • June 13, 2013 - Passport Arrived
In between our application, I gave birth to our precious little boy. Despite the fact that I had plenty of things to do to keep me busy, I still wasn't happy. I keep dreaming of the life I'll have when I get to be with my husband that I forget to live the life I have now. If only I knew that this wait had an end, I would've had a much better attitude towards it.

Sometimes, we act like our circumstance has no end. It were as though we will forever be this way just because we cannot see the light at the end. But in fact, all things have an end. Be it good or bad. I'd like to quote one of my favorite singer:

"Life on earth will end for all conceive and prove to be only a breath, a mist, a womb for what's to come. How soon forever arrives!" - Lacey Mosley, Break your knees

I spent a good amount of time in tears and prayers (more like whining to God). I know now that God was not only teaching me to be patient, but to have a good attitude while waiting. Sometimes, I wonder why God had kept Tim and I apart all this time. Then I realize that He wanted to deal with me separately before He deals with us together. I am amazed at how God works. He has plans that seem impossible to us. He makes things happen at the just the right time. He is so perfect! 

We are on our last stretch of this Wait. We're still looking for cheaper plane tickets. I still have to pack. I still have to settle a bunch of our stuff here like phone line, gym membership, banks, taxes, etc. But we're almost there! I can almost kiss you, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment